1. What is a Passport?
A Passport is your "ticket" to tastings at all Wine Trail member wineries at selected events like our annual Barrels on the Brandywine and Harvest Festival events. Passports offer a deeply discounted price when compared to purchasing tastings at each individual winery. With a passport, you receive wine tastings at each member winery and a commemorative Brandywine Valley Wine Trail wine glass!
2. Are all Brandywine Valley Wine Trail events Passport events?
No, not all Brandywine Valley Wine Trail events are Passport events. Passports are typically offered in March during our Barrels on the Brandywine event and during our Harvest Festival which takes place the last weekend in September and first weekend in October.
3. How can I obtain a Passport?
Passports may be purchased at any Brandywine Valley Wine Trail member winery in advance or on the day of your visit. If you are planning ahead, purchase your passport through our online store.
A special Passport program, offered exclusively to lodging properties throughout the area, is called the "Sip & Stay Getaway" Passport. The properties participating in this program offer special overnight wine packages to their guests. Passports obtained in this manner have an expiration date of one year from date of purchase. "Sip & Stay Getaway" Passports are valid at all Brandywine Valley Wine Trail Passport events.
4. Are Passports available year-round?
The only Passport available year-round is the "Sip & Stay Getaway" Passport, offered exclusively through the lodging industry (see #3).
For those events requiring Passports, pre-orders and sales typically begin two months prior to the event. Pre-orders occur through our website. Watch our website for announcements about Passport sales. To really stay "in the know", sign up for our newsletter!
5. I heard that there's a "special" Passport I can get if I stay at a hotel or Bed & Breakfast. Is there any way I can get that without staying somewhere that is offering the Passport?
In order to obtain the "Sip N' Stay Getaway" Passport, you must stay at a participating lodging location.
6. I'd like to plan to travel to all wineries on the Wine Trail. Where do I start?
There is no prescribed route for your time spent on the Trail. You select where to begin and in what order you wish to travel. We do recommend allowing enough time to fully enjoy each winery and its offerings. Usually two or three wineries per day will provide an enjoyable outing. We do not recommend trying to visit all of our member wineries in one day. Please do make plans to have a designated driver for your safety.
7. I want to plan a group visit to the wineries of the Brandywine Valley Wine Trail. Who can plan my day (parking/meals/arrival times, etc.)?
For groups larger than 6, we ask that you contact the wineries you plan to visit directly. With advanced notice, the wineries will be able to appropriately plan for staffing and parking. Our member wineries can accommodate buses and limousines with advanced notice.
If you're looking for a little "something special" for your group visit, contact our wineries directly. Each winery offers something different to their visitors. You can request special "reserve" tastings, wine pairings and more.
8. Do any of your wineries handle special events like weddings, meetings, reunions, etc?
Yes, some of our wineries can accommodate special events . Please see our Visitor Interests page to begin familiarizing yourself with our member offerings.
9. Are group discounts available?
Group discounts may be offered on a winery by winery basis. Please contact your winery of choice to inquire about any specials and discounts. There are no group discounts available on Passport purchases, as our Passport pricing is already discounted.
10. I'd like to request a brochure. Whom should I contact?
We no longer print brochures. All of our information is on our website. We find that our website is really the best way to keep information current.
11. What are the GPS coordinates of the wineries on the Brandywine Valley Wine Trail?
- Black Walnut Winery: 39.9816267,-75.8981962
- Chaddsford Winery: 39.872989,-75.626282
- Kreutz Creek Vineyards: 39.792927,-75.829954
- Paradocx Vineyard (Tasting Room): 39.863063, -75.683548
- Penns Woods Winery: 39.8479899,-75.5468384
- Twin Brook Winery: 39.974976,-75.985687
12. Can I bring my child(ren) or pet(s) with me to the wineries?
Each member winery has different policies regarding children and pets. It is best to contact individual wineries to aid you in planning appropriately. Generally speaking wine tasting is an adult experience that takes place on working farms, active processing facilities, and busy parking lots. If you do choose to bring children, you will be required to accompany them at all times.
13. Does the Brandywine Valley Wine Trail offer gift certificates?
The Brandywine Valley Wine Trail does offer gift certificates for Passports upon request. Contact us to discuss obtaining gift certificates.
14. Does the Brandywine Valley Wine Trail provide transportation?
No, we do not provide transportation.
Notice: Our members pour controlled amounts of their wines for tasting. However, tasting at several wineries, in close succession, can cause one to unwittingly consume alcohol above the legal limit. If you intend to visit more than one winery in a day, we recommend you employ a designated driver or limit your wine consumption accordingly.